Monotoca Music & Ackeron Street Records
Kabba Kabbura Tour: Ripple Effect Band + Special Guest
Ripple Effect Band are a group of women from remote Arnhem Land in the NT, singing in five Aboriginal languages and getting audiences up dancing with their infectious saltwater reggae rock.
Ripple Effect Band are a group of women from remote Arnhem Land community of Maningrida in the NT, singing in five Aboriginal languages and getting audiences up dancing to their saltwater reggae rock. Their songs are about life in the top end of Australia, hunting, Country, Cyclones and love. With an EP, Wárrwarra independently released in 2018, they are getting ready to release a new album, with the first single Waláya featuring the amazing Jolene Lawrence, Arnhem Land’s premium female drummer. You can hear this song and others from the upcoming album on this tour.
Kappa Kappura describes the sound and the feeling of waves hitting the beach and Sydney needs to get ready to hit the dance floor and go on a journey as these inspiring women share the soul of Arnhem Land. This is an act not to be missed and you will be sure to be immersed in Ripple Effect Band’s infectious energy.
- Customers and staff are not required to be fully vaccinated or carry vaccination evidence
- COVID-19 Safe Check-in is no longer required at all hospitality venues
- NSW Health strongly advises that patrons consider being seated while drinking.
- Masks optional
- If you are feeling unwell don't go out
- Under 18s are welcome at the Petersham Bowling Club but must be accompanied by an adult.
The Petersham Bowling Club acknowledge the Gadigal of the Eora Nation as the traditional custodians of the land on which this show takes place and pay our respects to their Elders past and present, and emerging and extend those respects to the First Nations peoples of NSW and beyond.