Grapes of Mirth
Grapes of Mirth - King Valley
Grapes of Mirth - King Valley is six hours of comedy, wine, music, and good times at Brown Brothers in the King Valley.
Saturday 11 December 2022, 2:00pm - 8:00pm
Six of Australia’s best comedians will make their way to Brown Brothers for the ultimate afternoon of wines, laughs, and the most amazing festival vibes.
JUDITH LUCY | TOM BALLARD | CLAIRE HOOPER | DAVE THORNTON | DANE SIMPSON | ALEX WARD | DJ PEDRO MOSHMAN
We'll be bringing the very best in Australian comedy to the King Valley, with a lineup that boasts Australian comedy royalty Judith Lucy, regular co-host of The Project Claire Hooper, one of the country's most critically acclaimed comedians Tom Ballard, Have You Been Paying Attention? regular Alex Ward, and star of Aborigi-LOL and Wagga Wagga local Dane Simpson.
For the first time in Grapes of Mirth history Merrick Watts will not be the MC, instead hosting duties will be handled by the whip-smart and damn funny Dave Thornton. Thorno is without question one of the best MCs in Australian comedy, so you are in very good hands, and don’t worry, Mez will still be around, he'll be propping up the bar instead of a microphone.
Grapes of Mirth provides the ultimate festival day with five headline comedy sets, a host with the most, and some sweet DJ tunes to keep you entertained before, between, and after the comedy has ended.
This is an 18+ event, because there are comedians involved, and well, because there are comedians involved.
Strictly no BYO food or beverage
All tickets include your very own take-home wine glass.
Please note this is an outdoor event - there is no allocated seating - grab your friends, your picnic rug or chair, and join us on the lush lawn.
Event Venue - Brown Brothers, Milawa
COVID-19 SAFETY STATEMENT:
Under the current VIC COVID Health directive, if you are not fully vaccinated you cannot attend an outdoor event. Proof of double vaccination will be required prior to entry.
Planning events certainly has its challenges in 2021, but we’re here for a good time not a long time, so we are doing everything we can to make this event the safest and best it possibly can be including:
- Working closely with local authorities to ensure a COVID safe event.
- 100% refundable ticket for any COVID reason, including any state or federal government direction not to travel, to isolate, or for any COVID-related illness.
- Our event is outside on the beautiful grounds at Brown Brothers, with plenty of space
SEATING & BUS DETAILS
Seating - Brown Brother's beautiful grounds will be set up with areas to accommodate picnic blankets, low and high back foldable chairs. Please BYO picnic rugs and / or foldable chairs, to make yourself nice and comfortable for the day. The lower you are to the ground, the closer to the stage you'll be. Empty soft cooler bags and water bottles are also permitted (please no eskys). Bag checks will be conducted upon entry for prohibited items.
Buses - there are return buses running from Wangaratta, Beechworth and Albury / Wodonga.
- Masks must be worn on the bus and capacity limits apply, so please follow the directions of the bus drivers
- Wangaratta return shuttle:
- Depart Wangaratta Gateway Hotel (Ryley Street) 1.30pm sharp
- Albury / Wodonga return shuttle
- Depart Albury SS&A Club 12.30pm sharp
- Depart Wodonga Biraalee Tavern 12.40pm sharp
- Bright via Myrtleford return shuttle
- Depart Bright V/line Coach stop (in front of the Alpine Hotel) 12.35pm sharp
- Depart Myrtleford V/Line Coach stop 117-147 Great Alpine Road, Myrtleford 12.55pm sharp
- ALL BUSES DEPART AT 8PM AND DROP BACK TO PICK UP LOCATIONS