The Hills Are Alive Group
NYE on the HILL 2021
3 DAYS / 2 NIGHTS Music Camping Festival over NYE set in the beautiful South Gippsland Hinterland
NYE on the HILL 2021
NYE on the Hill is a 3-day, 2-night boutique music and camping festival for good-vibing, music-loving folk. It takes place in the beautifully picturesque rolling Hills of South Gippsland near Loch Village, 90mins from Melbourne, 25mins from Inverloch, 35mins from Phillip Island. Good times with great people in a stunning location. What better way to bring in the New Year.
This year we’re keeping the numbers strictly capped to only 3,000 good-vibing folks and tickets will sell out well and truly before the event so get in quick and don’t miss out!
WHEN IS IT?
Gates open at 11am on the 30th December 2021 and close at 5pm on the 1st January 2022.
WHERE IS IT?
NYE on the Hill takes place on "The Hill" on "The Farm". The Farm is located 10mins from Loch Village and 95mins South-East of Melbourne. It’s on the way to Wilsons Prom, about 40mins from Phillip Island.
We’ll give you the exact location once you’ve got your ticket.
HOW MUCH IS IT?
General Admission Tickets are $269 + booking fee - cheaper if you grab an EARLY EARLY BIRD ticket or if you know The Farmer’s Secret Password (you need to be on the Farmer’s Friends-Of-Friends mailing list to receive the password).
- 3 DAYS / 2 NIGHT Free Camping
- BYO Alcohol & Themed/Licensed Bars
- Over 30 Bands & Performers
- Deck Disco
- Late Night DJ’s
- Art Installations
- Morning Yoga
- Chill-out Areas
- Curated Food Trucks
- Great People
- Beautiful Natural Environment with Incredible Views
- and Much More!
NOTE: UNDER 18 / FAMILIES
NYE on the Hill 2021 is an 18+ event, however parents can bring their children (12 to 17 - $125 + booking fee, Under 12 - Free) if they complete the FAMILY REGISTRATION PROCESS.
The Family Registration From can be requested by contacting The Farmer (firstname.lastname@example.org) once parents have purchased their own tickets.
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE…
- Due to NYE on the Hill being on a hill, there is limited flat ground. As a result, the camp-ground is located approximately 500m from the car park. You cannot camp next to your car. Arrive early to secure the flattest sleeping area
- A Baggage Ferry System will be operating on the first and last days of the festival and more information about this can be found in the FAQ page on the website – www.nyeonthehill.com.au
- Yes, NYE on the Hill is BYO as well as being BYO we also have four awesome themed licensed bars to explore while you're here. Just sayin'! Please don’t bring any glass.
- Car passes are required (see below) so please try to car-pool with friends as this will lower the environmental impact on the farm and make for a more fun-filled road trip.
- Upon arrival at the site, you will be required to present your passes/Tickets. Anyone without the required pass/ticket will not be allowed access to the car park or the event.
Car Pass Policy
To minimise the number of cars attending the event and to have a positive effect on traffic and the environment (the farm) everyone wishing to park a vehicle at the event MUST purchase a car pass.
Should you arrive on-site without a valid car pass a significantly higher fee will be charged to enter the festival site. If you are found to be parked on the side of the road within the vicinity of the event site police will be notified and your car will be towed and impounded.
All profits from the car passes will go to Environmental initiatives on the event site and in the local area. For all vehicles arriving with 3 or more peeps the full car pass fee will go to the local environmental initiative.
--- SPECIAL COVID-19 CONDITIONS ---
What happens if the event gets cancelled due to Covid restrictions?
If the event is cancelled due to government restrictions, you will have a few options to choose what you do with your ticket. Our ticketing team will get in touch to provide you with the following options:
1. Hold onto the ticket for the rescheduled festival
2. Donate the value of your ticket
3. Receive a refund
Ticket Holder Information
In the event of a cancellation, postponement or change to our festival, all ticket holders will be notified via email or SMS and we encourage all patrons to ensure their details are up-to-date on their Moshtix account (click here for further detail). Updates will also be posted online and via social media channels of NYE on the Hill.
Please be assured that notification of changes to events will be provided as soon as practicable.
COVID Safe Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT: Due to COVID-19, additional Terms and Conditions of Sale now apply to all event tickets.
The Hills Are Alive Group have adopted some special Terms and Conditions in light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. These special terms are set out below and operate to supplement the Terms and Conditions. Please read the following terms and conditions, which are in addition to the regular Terms and Conditions prior to purchasing your tickets.
- To purchase tickets, you must provide the following contact details for everyone attending: Full name, mobile number and email address.
- Patrons agree that all contact information will be available to public health officers upon request
- Moshtix will not share contact information with any third party other than the relevant health authority, and will not use the information for promotional purposes.
- Tickets will be issued in a digital, PDF format, and will be sent by email to the ticket purchaser, not individuals.
- Patrons must either print their PDF ticket/s or ensure their ticket/s are available on their phones for scanning
- Availability will be allocated by the event organisers based on the time of booking and size of event venue configuration, to allow compliance with current social distancing requirements. Tickets to events may be sold in tiered releases at the time of purchase.
- The Hills Are Alive Group supports the Federal Government’s recommendation regarding the use of the COVID safe App. We encourage you and your booking party to download and use the App when attending our festival’s.
- You and each member of your booking party must comply with any COVID-19 safety protocols or requirements notified to you by The Hills Are Alive Group event staff
This includes complying with:
- Hand hygiene requirements;
- Physical distancing requirements (including but not limited to; allocated seating, marked out areas, physical spacing requirements while queuing);
- Person limits for particular spaces and areas; and/or
- Person density requirements.
- Refunds or exchange of tickets may be available to any customer who has developed any Covid-19 symptoms after the purchase of tickets, or who has come into contact with anyone who is symptomatic or is a confirmed case; within 4 weeks of the event date. A doctors certificate or copy of a positive test result may be requested before issuing a refund.
- We ask that you and each member of your booking party make a reasonable assessment of your health status before attending the event. To avoid doubt, unless required by law you will not be entitled to a refund if you or a member of your booking party attends our event despite you exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms and if you or they are then refused entry or asked to leave the event venue.
- Patrons acknowledge that while event organisers have taken all reasonable health and safety precautions to keep the audience, staff and performers safe, patrons enter the event venue at their own risk without recourse to claim against the event regarding health outcomes.
At the event
- The Patron is responsible for having their ticket/s available on their phone or printed out, with the barcode/s clearly visible, for scanning at the door. This includes guestlist tickets.
- You acknowledge that there is currently a respiratory illness outbreak caused by a novel coronavirus (“COVID- 19”). By entering the Event, you warrant that:
- You have not returned from international travel in the last fourteen (14) days;
- You do not have COVID-19, and are not awaiting test results for COVID-19 or otherwise have reason to suspect that you have contracted COVID-19;
- You have not knowingly been in contact with a person who: has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last fourteen (14) days or has reason to believe they have contracted COVID-19;
- You are not exhibiting or experiencing any of the following symptoms (Potential COVID-19 Symptoms): -a cough -fever -shortness of breath -sore throat -sneezing and runny nose -muscle or joint pains -nausea, diarrhoea, or vomiting -temporary loss of smell or taste, altered sense of taste -loss of appetite and fatigue -any other cold or flu-like symptom associated or linked with COVID-19.
If you cannot make the warranties above, you must not attend the Event.
- You may be asked health screening questions on arrival to the event and may be temperature checked
- If you are unwell, or have a high temperature, you will not be able to attend the event
- You agree to abide by all social distancing and health protocols as required at the time of the event.
- You agree to follow the instructions of event staff at all times
- You and your booking party may be refused entry or required to leave the Venue or event if you or they:
- refuse to comply with any COVID-19 safety protocols or requirements notified to you by the event organisers.
- refuse to comply with any reasonable health and safety directions given by event staff.
- refuse to provide contact tracing information to the event organisers on request.
- are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, as notified to or as assessed by event medical staff. These include: fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell.
- are required to be in isolation as a result of COVID-19 diagnosis or have been directed to be in quarantine because of close contact with a person with COVID-19.
- In these circumstances, Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded unless required by law.
- Patrons acknowledge that while the venue has taken all reasonable health and safety precautions to keep the audience, staff and performers safe, patrons enter the event venue at their own risk without recourse to claim against the Venue regarding health outcomes.
You must notify the event organisers immediately if you or any member of your booking party develop any symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days of attending the Event/Venue. Please contact us immediately via email@example.com
For further information please visit our website - www.nyeonthehill.com.au